Wog Technologies - BOOT/BOO Projects & Solutions
The public authority turns to the private sector to provide capacities needed for the construction and operation of a new plant for bulk water supply and sewage treatment on a greenfield site – under a build-operate-transfer arrangement.
BOOT/BOO models are recognized throughout the international water sector as acceptable instruments for the financing, construction, operation, repair and maintenance of infrastructure and for the provision of public-sector services for the population. We have gathered valuable experience through our cooperation with public partners and in long-term water-related infrastructure projects and we are currently operating successful BOOT projects. A sound legal basis is a prerequisite for a public-private partnership to thrive: in BOOT models that involves a contract that defines the services to be provided by private industry and takes the legal, financial and regulatory aspects into account.
Under a BOOT arrangement, WOG Technologies takes over management responsibility for the planning, construction, and operation of a water supply plant or treatment plant or waste to energy plants, all in accordance with the technical specifications stipulated.
- Construction, financing and operation of a plant (water and/or wastewater, waste to Energy).
- Duration: 15 - 30 years, depending on agreement after which the plant is transferred to the public partner.
- Public partner retains responsibility for serving the population and rate collection.
- A project company is set up to perform certain specified activities.
- Public partner pays a quantity-dependent fee to the project company (which is usually subject to a price escalation clause).
- Entire financing for the construction of a new plant and/or the rehabilitation or extension of an existing plant.
- Highly efficient financing structures.